Saturday, November 26, 2016

Delicious Leftist Hysteria About Incoming Education Secretary

Tom Woods reports:
Man, the left sure hates Betsy DeVos, Donald Trump’s pick for Secretary of Education.

Although I haven’t researched her background in detail, she seems like a mixed bag to me. She favors homeschooling, which is great, but she’s also for “school choice” by means of a voucher system, a neoconservative policy proposal I (and libertarian education author Sheldon Richman) oppose.

People scrimp and save to live in neighborhoods where their kids won’t be terrorized, and the school choicers want to march the terrorizers into bourgeois schools. I can’t support that. The only “voucher” we should support, as Murray Rothbard said, is a dollar bill.

This, by the way, is yet another reason I cheer the self-destruction of the conservative movement. Never conserved a #$%^& thing.

A meme circulating on Facebook complains that Betsy DeVos never attended public schools, sent her kids to public schools, or worked in public schools.

I have to admit, she’s sounding better even as I type this.
You'll want to read the entire article.