Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Trump: I want to raise $1B for the GOP

The Hill reports:
Donald Trump on Wednesday said that he wants to raise $1 billion or more for the GOP before the general presidential election.

“We’re going to try to raise over $1 billion,” he told host Lester Holt on “NBC Nightly News." "I hear the Democrats may try to raise up to $2 billion.

“I’m not even sure that’s necessary,” Trump added of his estimate. "I have a big voice. I go onto shows like yours and speak the truth and people seem to go along with it.”

Trump said that he relishes battling Hillary Clinton after eliminating the Republican presidential field and becoming the party’s presumptive nominee.

“Hillary will be a lot easier to beat than many of the governors and senators and others I have beat,” he said.

“Bernie Sanders said she is not qualified to be president because she has bad judgment,” Trump added. "I agree with that.
The Donald issues the call for money.