Sunday, February 09, 2014

Roger Waters Responds to Fans Who Think He Only Picks on Israel

Roger Waters responds to his fans that think he singles out Israel:
I have read many of the responses to my Scarlett Johansson/SodaStream post. I feel obliged to reply to some of them.

Just so we are clear, I stand against any and all abuses of human rights when and where ever they may occur.

This includes human rights abuses in Syria, Russia, the United States of America, Israel, China, Thailand, Burma, the ex colonies of the United Kingdom, Belgium, France, Spain, Germany, Holland and all the other colonial and imperialist powers of the last few hundred years. Sorry if I’ve left anyone out, I’m sure I have, the list is endless. Fundamentally, I am against all violations of human rights, always, anywhere. One recoils in disgust at the warmongers, and stands in awe of the care givers, the U.N, Medicins Sans Frontiers, The Red Crescent, and all the other unsung heroes.


No word yet on whether Roger Waters is going to call for a boycott on Cuba or Saudi Arabia.