Thursday, March 18, 2010

Flashback: When Mayor Daley Socialized With High Ranking Made Member of Chicago Mob John D'Arco Sr. Before He Was Mayor

Here's a flashback to former Mayor Jane Byrne's time as Mayor of the city of Chicago, in which Byrne wrote a book. Here's page 285:There was little time for politics, aside from reports that plans for my September fund-raising dinner were coming along well,including the arrangements for Carter's time in Chicago. I was therefore surprised when John D' Arco, the first ward committeeman, came to see me." I don't like what I'm hearing from some of the Italians in Richie's ward. He's telling them to slow down the ticket buying for your fund-raiser. This is no good. The kid can't go around being a disruptive, spoiled brat. He's got to get behind you for three years. Then if he wants to take you on, that's his business. There's a family gathering this weekend." The D'Arcos and the Daleys, it turned out, were celebrating the christening of Johnny and Marie Lou Daley's new baby."I think I'll talk to Richie at the party" ... Apparently, D'Arco did talk to Richie, because shortly afterward two assistants in my office mentioned an 11th Ward political meeting at which Richie had exclaimed that now he knew how I won the election-- with the help of the mob, because I had met with John D'Arco.John D'Arco was identified as made member of the Chicago Mob by FBI agent William Roemer in this book(page 322). Here's the current Mayor Daley before his first election as Mayor , campaigning with Chicago Mob member Fred Roti.