Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Is Illinois the Most Corrupt State?

The Washington Post reports:
During Tuesday's press conference to announce the indictment and arrest of Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, Robert Grant, the special agent in charge of the FBI's Chicago field office, made a bold statement about his adopted home state:

"I got here four years ago. A lot of you were in the audience asking the question of whether or not Illinois is the most corrupt state in the United States, and I didn't answer that question yes or no, and I can't answer that question today. I don't have 49 other states to compare it with. But I can tell you one thing: if it isn't the most corrupt state in the United States, it's certainly one hell of a competitor."
For a greater understanding of Chicago corruption and politics.