Thursday, May 29, 2008

David Axelrod "I've Never Lobbied Anybody"

The Huffington Post reports on David Axelrod:
"I never lobbied anybody," Axelrod said. "What I do is make ads and try to involve people in the process, people outside the halls of legislatures or city councils, to get involved in public issues. What lobbyists do is go behind closed doors and try to influence lawmakers sometimes with implied promises of support for their campaign and so on, It is fundamentally different. I have never lobbied a politician on behalf of a client in my life. And I certainly have never talked to Obama about any client. It is a red herring put up by a campaign that is being run by the most powerful corporate lobbyist in Washington in Charlie Black and being managed by a corporate lobbyist."
The Chicago Democratic Party Machine spokesman David Axelrod never lobbied anyone.Amazing.