Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Professor Thomas DiLorenzo: What I Told the New York Times

Professor Thomas DiLorenzo explains what the NYT wanted from him on last Sunday's article:
The New York Times “reporter” (a.k.a. lying propagandist for the state) who authored the libelous smear against Ron Paul, Rand Paul, and the Mises Institute “interviewed” me several weeks ago by email. It was obvious that most of his questions came directly from the “beltwaytarians” who have been waging a hate campaign against us for years since I’d heard it all before. He obviously wanted to portray Rand Paul as a crazed “anarchist” who favored abolishing the government altogether (not that there’s anything wrong with that) since he kept asking me if Rand has ever read Lysander Spooner. I told him that it would not surprise me if Ron Paul had shared his education, including his readings of Spooner, with his children, but I had never met or communicated with Rand Paul. I also told him that if he listened to any of Ron’s speeches over the past 30 years, he would immediately learn that Ron is a limited-government constitutionalist, not an anarchist, and that in my opinion Rand Paul is a bit more of an interventionist than his father is. Neither is an anarchist, in other words. The “reporter” was obviously very disappointed with my responses and ignored them.