Thursday, October 12, 2006

Former Washington Post Columnist Questions Bob Woodward's Honesty

Here's former Washington Post columnist Thomas Edsall on Hugh Hewitt's radio show:
HH: Now let me go on to Woodward, because we're going to run out of time.

TE: Yeah.

HH: Have you read State of Denial yet?

TE: Not in its entirety. I've only read the excerpts.

HH: Okay. Do you believe everything Bob Woodward writes?

TE: No.

HH: Do you believe he saw Bill Casey at the hospital bed scene in Veil?

TE: I have real problems with that.

HH: What's the mean, real problems? You don't believe him?

TE: I know the doctor who was treating Bill Casey, and the doctor who is someone who I think is very credible told me that Bill Casey was dead by all standards, except burial. And for him to have said anything cognizant at that time just was incredible to him. And this doctor is a liberal Democrat.

HH: Have you ever published that?

TE: No.
The amazing Bob Woodward.