Thursday, January 26, 2006

Rush Limbaugh Attacks Chicago's City Council Over Wal-Mart Ban

Rush Limbaugh attacks the Chicago Empire that banned Wal-Mart:
I have to tell you something. If I lived in Chicago -- it's a pipe dream -- but I would be seriously thinking that it's time to get rid of the entire -- whoever the city council, board of aldermen -- whatever they're called, because they torpedoed a Wal-Mart. It's one block away. I love Wal-Marts. It's what I hoped they would do in Maryland. This Wal-Mart is one block outside the Chicago city limits. The city receives none of the taxes. They've shot themselves in the foot for some ideological cadence they must remain in with unions. Sales tax and property tax revenue going to this little suburb of Evergreen Park, and I've got nothing against Evergreen Park. I love them in this too. I'm all for this. You people that live in Chicago, you've got to ask yourselves, "Why in the...?" You look at what the left hates, look at the enemies that the left has. Wal-Mart is at the top of the list. After that ExxonMobil, then you've got Halliburton, and then you've got any drug company, any big pharmaceutical company -- and after that you've got the car company.
The fact that Rush lives outside the city limits means that he will not be getting a visit from Chicago's building inspectors.