Monday, October 10, 2016

Ruth Bader Ginsburg: National anthem protests are ‘dumb and disrespectful’

The Washington Times reports:
Supreme CourtJustice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had some strong words for San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and the football players who are protesting the national anthem.

Mr. Kaepernick has become the figurehead for a growing movement of sports players taking a knee or raising a fist during “The Star-Spangled Banner” to protest racial and social injustices in America.

Justice Ginsburg she finds the players’ form of protest “dumb and disrespectful.”

“I think it’s really dumb of them,” the 83-year-old told Yahoo Global News Anchor Katie Couric in an interview published Monday.

“Would I arrest them for doing it? No,” Justice Ginsburg said. “I think it’s dumb and disrespectful. I would have the same answer if you asked me about flag burning. I think it’s a terrible thing to do, but I wouldn’t lock a person up for doing it. I would point out how ridiculous it seems to me to do such an act.
RBG gets political.